Lightened-Up Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup
This Lightened-Up Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup is the perfect weeknight fix, but it also gives you that “out for dinner” feel, even when you may be stuck at home (hello, kids and no babysitters!). It is quick, easy, but tastes SO MUCH like the original.
Just tasting alike was not good enough though, so our version has also lightened it up a bit. We swapped the pork sausage for chicken (trust me, you won’t notice the difference), and cut the fat back quite a bit. Enjoy this one!!
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 12 oz Italian style chicken sausage
- 2 large russet potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3.5 c cups water
- 4 c chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale stems removed
- ½ can cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup half and half
Cook & crumble sausage over medium high heat until browned, set aside.
In a soup pot, mix potato, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, water and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low and cook, uncovered, around 10 minutes.
Add bacon, sausage, kale and cannellini. Cook 15 minutes. Add half and half and cook to warm through. Check for salt and pepper and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read more on our disclosure page.